Tuesday 10 April 2012

Frumpy old woman in a hat, where oh where is your cat?

Is there a way to be (brutally) honest without hurting someone's feelings? I really wish there was. I'd actually stop lying completely if that was the case. I mean, I've always been taught since childhood that lying is a sin and one should never resort to it. But now that I look back at all the creative bullshit I've blurted out to various people, I feel that I did so only to refrain from hurting them with the bitter truth. There are quite a few people who I actually hate right now and I have to be sweet to them because even though I hate them, I just cannot bear to hurt people. Not that I'm some sappy, over sensitive angel with a halo, but because I know how being hurt feels like and I also know what I think about people who have hurt me (not good things, obviously). I wouldn't want others to feel the same towards me. Hatred is like this chain reaction thing. I'd hate to be the one to trigger it off. But I have to compromise on my honesty for that. Lately when I'm putting on my best behaviour for the people I otherwise hate, I tell myself that I'm doing them a huge favour and someday they'll be thankful for it. Yeah, right.
______________________________

How long is it before you get bored with your job, your city and your life in general? Is there supposed to be a specific time limit for all this? Like say for example, you can change your job every 3 years because it will definitely get boring by then or that you have to move to a new city every 5 years to ensure that monotony doesn't kick in. I dunno. We should totally do something about the rules regarding this. At this rate, I'll die of boredom. Seriously.
______________________________

I am a very confused and clueless person sometimes. I just wanted to get that cleared out. Just in case if someone feels, what in the name of God is wrong with this woman, I can use the above fact as a very good excuse. I can just say that I had no idea what I was thinking. And if the defence of insanity works in the Indian Penal Code, the defence of confusion should totally work in our day to day life. I am going to have some fun with this one.
_______________________________


Tee hee! How I love the quirky and wonderfully weird comics at Cyanide & Happiness. You will see a lot of these on my blog for the obvious reasons. This is totally my kind of humour besides their stick figures or cartoons or what-you-may-call-it are completely cute. Me likey.

No comments:

Post a Comment