Wednesday 8 February 2012

If I was God, my angels would wear black.

Have you seen Toy Story? The whole series? My favourite toys are those three little green alien thingies. They are so awesome. I've been looking for something exactly like that in every toy store. No luck so far. If anyone out there can just donate one of those to me, I'd be so happy. Yup, I'm not going to pay for it. Money reduces the happiness of acquiring things. Everything should be a gift. That way people learn to be grateful. Isn't it?
___________________________________

I saw an army of ants carrying a dead cockroach. It's a common sight. Kill a bug, any bug and let it lie there for an hour or two. The army will will march forth, conveniently dressed in black and carry the bug away. I call them the undertakers. I don't know what they do with the dead bug. I think they feast on it before disposing off the remnants. Sounds gross, but an insect shouldn't expect more. Atleast someone took the pains to come forth and take their body away. Also, it was put to good use. There's nothing better than being able to feed a hungry army of ants even after you're dead. The ants probably bless the bug's soul after burping. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...
____________________________________

I've decided that solitude brings out the best in people. I think we should give ourselves a week atleast once every year. It's very important to spend time with ourselves to know who we are, what we want in life and what the future should be. Yes, I don't believe in destiny. Anyway, that one week should be completely devoid of any kind of human interaction. If you hate being lonely, have a dog around. They are great listeners. At the end of it, you'll come out with a much clearer perspective of life, its problems and their solutions. I am so excited about this concept that I think the government should give us all a week long holiday in the first week of January for 'contemplation'. I firmly believe that the constant company of fellow humans pollutes our mind, numbs our brain and makes us act like idiots. That is why monks and hermits live in solitude. Solitude brings peace and in the end, its peace we're all looking for. Just like the fabled musk deer who ran around looking for something that was within him.
____________________________________


I really like this poster/ad or whatever it is. As the logo suggests, it is by the Apple guys. I find it very inspiring. But they missed out on a very important thing. Courage. Every so-called crazy genius had the courage to be different. Something a lot of us don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment