I am a famous slacker. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you how I rock at slacking. Don't ask my Ma though. She just doesn't get the fun part of it. Anyway, the point is, I don't like wasting time. I just like doing something worthwhile with it. For example, drafting a particularly boring Deed of Conveyance at work isn't worthwhile. Making bracelets with Boondoggle is. You get the gist? This of course doesn't imply that I am a procrastinator. I get a brief, I finish the case ASAP and then I'm free as a bird. I have all the time in the world to do things that interest me. And the internet has helped so much, I cannot thank it enough. Here's a list of things I do on the internet to utilise the time reserved for slacking. Some of you are probably thinking that my boss will fire me sooner or later. I assure you, he won't. He knows I do my work on time and that's all he cares about. He is awesome that way. Anyhoo, here's the list:
1. Learn hairstyles on YouTube. I have long, waist length hair and I love styling it!
2. Learn crochet stitches on YouTube.
3. Learn workout routines on YouTube.
4. Learn craft ideas on...you guessed it! YouTube!
5. Watch all the episodes of Khan Sisters online. Keeping up with the Kardashians with an Indian twist. Thoroughly entertaining!
6. Catch up on TV shows that are not aired here. I just got done with the latest episode of HIMYM and Modern family. Also watch movies online. I finished watching Black Swan, Beastly, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and The Blind Side. All of which I had already seen on TV but wanted to watch again.
7. Download music!
8. Play SpeedWordz on Goggle Chrome. Awesome game. You get to compete with other online players and show off your vocabulary skills.
9. Read blogs. Go through my blog list to see my favourites. I read a lot more but you need to be brilliant to make it to my blog list. And did I forget to mention that you need to be blessed with a brilliant sense of humour?
10. Read my own blog. Yes, I enjoy going through my archives. It brings back memories of the creative crap that was going through my brain at the time. (Sighs, smiles and wipes a tear) Good times, good times.
11. Other assorted things like reading articles on Wikipedia, going through people's Tumblrs and writing emails to HM.
This list isn't officially over. I will add to it as I go along.
There are other things to do when there is no internet. Here is a list of those things:
1. Make bracelets with Boondoggle
2. Do some Knitting. Patterns courtesy YouTube
3. Do some exercise. Learnt on YouTube ofcourse.
4. Play with the dogs and tell them stories. H is a great listener and P is most likely to doze off during a narration of Rumpelstiltskin, but it is worth it.
5. Imagine things. Once you learn to do this, you will never get bored again.
6. Doodle on Office Stationery.
7. Draft some stuff. I'm a lawyer for god's sake! I enjoy drafting stuff sometimes. It is not work related obviously.
8. Last, but not the least, Read a lot of books. Current favourite : Insects are just like you and me except some of them have wings by Kuzhali Manickavel. She is a genius. Respect \m/
So this is how I utilise my time. Do tell me what you do with yours.