Tuesday 15 November 2011

Rocks and Stars.

Daddy dearest still tells me about his favourite 'Two Types of Mistakes' theory. He says there are always two kinds of mistakes. One is repairable and the other...well, you know it. So, I made a mistake of the latter type last Saturday by watching 'Rockstar'.

Ab main film critic toh hun nahin, but Nargis Fakhri was the rock and Ranbir was the star. More like Nargis was the millstone around Ranbir's neck and she was constantly trying her best to drown him and the movie with her pathetic attempt at acting. Someone send her to Lee Strassberg or whatever school of acting these star kids go to nowadays. No, wait a minute, don't do that. That school never taught any star kids to act. Maybe she should just take a walk around FTII or NSD. That should help a lot. She should also get an annual pass made for Prithvi Theatre and watch every play that is performed there. Rahman bhai did a good job at the music bit. But I'm beginning to wonder if this is the same Imtiaz Ali who made 'Jab We Met'. Watched that one atleast ten times. I was going through a 'Oh Wow, Shahid Kapoor' phase.
_________________________________________

Was driving to work today when I was suddenly struck with the realisation that I am alive today only because my fellow commuters choose to keep me that way. I also realised that I cannot kill or  injure anybody by running them over with my Scooty. So when I put both these insightful thoughts together, I realised that I am at a major risk when driving. So I take this opportunity to thank all my fellow commuters for keeping me alive. Guy on the Red Pulsar, thank you for leaving an inch between your 'definitely male' bike and my 'ablaa naari' Scooty while swerving past me last evening. If you had not been careful, I'd have definitely found myself in the hospital today.  A very big Thank you to everyone else who has had the chance to whizz past me, overtake me from the left side or try and push me off the road while trying to overtake me. I'm sure all of you had very important places to get to and a slow, rattly headlightless young girl on her way back home was an unnecessary hurdle which you could have easily dispensed off with. Thank you for not doing it. I feel blessed. 
________________________________________

Baaki khabar mein toh, next week is our first wedding anniversary. I bought an executive golf set for HM. It is a nice detachable putter with two golf balls and a hole which fit snugly into a smart leather case. This is supposed to be a surprise for him. I never understand what exactly one should gift a guy. Much worse, your own husband who already has a lot of clothes, shoes and books. A man doesn't need anything else na? Women need handbags, cosmetics, accessories in addition to the basic stuff. So it is easier to buy gifts for women. But men are a different story. Anywhoo, I read somewhere that the first anniversary is called a paper anniversary or something like that. So I went ahead and bought a book too. The Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant. Ain't I romantic?



No comments:

Post a Comment