Monday 30 January 2012

I don't like Tinkerbell. She's annoying...

I could regale everyone for hours with wonderful anecdotes about my dogs. One such interesting incident happened yesterday. HM and I were arguing over some trivial matter and H was listening attentively. P, being the flower power wild child of the 70s was doing what she does best. Prancing around with a chew stick in her mouth, pretty much clueless about what she wanted to do with it. So in comes the maid and out goes P. She just waits for the door to open and she's on her way to freedom. HM and I were so engrossed in our discussion that we didn't notice P's absence until our neighbour called. "Is your dog missing?" he asked. HM looked at me incredulously. " Umm...which dog exactly?". "You know, the little one who looks like one of those street dogs?".  Facepalm moment. "Yeah, so where did you see her?" asked HM. Turns out, P had decided to visit her friend Sushi who lives two buildings away. Sue, as I call her is also an adopted dog and I suppose they both get along really well. I heaved a sigh of relief. I had already started getting mental images of P being run down by one of those errant cars on the road. I was this close to crying. Anyway, we found her at Sue's, brought her back and gave her another dose of Anxocare, which is a herbal equivalent of Calmpose. That brat is a handful.
_________________________________________

Red lipstick is the best thing to have ever happened to my face. I am not much of a make up person and I actually feel ugly after applying it. For years, my make up routine was cold cream, kohl and lip balm. Now I've given up on kohl after HM told me that my eyes look prettier without it (blush). It was just lip balm and cream. I've recently discovered the joys of red lipstick. It just makes me feel so much more beautiful, I end up dabbing a bit of it over my lip balm everyday. Totally awesome.
___________________________________________

I've been carrying Rushdie's 'Luka and the Fire of Life' in my handbag since the last one month. I've read a few pages and I really like the book. But somehow I'm just not able to finish it. I'm being so lazy, don't even ask. Two more novels await me at home. But I have this rule, I don't move on to a new book if I haven't finished reading one. At this rate, it'll be months before I get around to reading them. Sigh
___________________________________________



1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I kind of hate the face she makes when she's annoyed. It's pretty annoying and it pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete