Tuesday 17 January 2012

Paint me a picture with all the colours of a rainbow....

So when you've used your husband's shoulder as a pillow for several months, it gets difficult to fall asleep on a real pillow. And the obvious thing happens. You can't sleep at all and in the rare case that you do manage to fall asleep for a while, you wake up with a stiff neck and a headache from hell, which is exactly what I'm experiencing right now. I'm not just sleep deprived, I'm a mess. HM, you have absolutely no idea how indispensable you are to me.
____________________________________

Weekend with the in-laws was awesome. MIL stuffed me with hot and wholesome food, FIL made super tasty mutton curry and HM left me to my own devices. Total fun. We had the customary Haldi-Kumkum ceremony and all of MIL's friends came home to celebrate. I got a lot of compliments, so I was quite delighted. MIL was afraid of all the 'buri nazar' though and she did some 'nazar utaarna' before I went to bed. She can be super cute sometimes. She has sent me back with plenty of food and I'm munching on some delectable mutter karanjis as I type this out. I am seriously contemplating the idea of living with her full time. Only for the food. I don't think anything is better than having someone cook for you. All the men are so fortunate that way, you know? Women fussing over them all the time. Eat this, eat that.... Buggers.
_____________________________________


See the picture above? That lamb is just so adorable! You might think that its flying, but it isn't. That's just the way lambs move around.Their limbs are totally uncoordinated and I don't think I've ever seen a lamb walk properly. They just fly around with their limbs flailing in every direction. I wish I could move like that. It would be so unexpected. Like nobody would know which arm or leg is going to land where. We humans discipline ourselves way too much. One fine day, we should just let ourselves go and be whatever we want to be and do whatever we want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment