Friday 13 January 2012

Rewdi & Bataashe. Pure bliss....

HM and I are headed to his parents' place this weekend. Sankrant and MIL's birthday is due. We are both travelling separately because of my work schedule and that has irked MIL a bit. She wanted us to arrive together. Like always, I am least bothered at the prospect of travelling alone. Very few things can manage to ruffle my feathers lately. I am one chilled out penguin. Penguin, because that bird be awesome. It is safely nestled somewhere in the snow with perhaps an egg tucked between its legs and is basically not giving a damn about everything else in the world. Respect. So, as I was saying, the weekend is going to be fun. I will wear a sari and distribute Tilgul to the neighbouring aunties who will ask me for "Some good news". MIL will smile graciously and pat my back and say something like, "Yes, yes. Very soon." I will smile back at all the ladies and exit the room shyly. Total timepass, I tell ya. MIL will make some good stuff to eat and I will devour it greedily. HM will bask in the attention of mommy dearest and generally ignore me. All in all, its going to be delightful. I am so looking forward to it....
_____________________________________

I turned health freak today. I skipped lunch and drank coconut water instead. I don't feel so good right now. That coconut had way too much water inside and I'd drunk two glasses of water before guzzling it down, so its all watery inside right now. Like I've swallowed a whole lake or something. I can literally feel tiny waves crashing against the outline of my stomach. Its making me nauseous. I will never ever do this again. Like, never.
_____________________________________

H, the Labrador, is adept at making sad puppy eyes and I have a feeling that she isn't as innocent as she looks. She actually knows the effect her expressions have on me and uses them to manipulate me. She is very very smart. I DO NOT like being manipulated, especially by a dog. I try to ignore her, but she makes THE face and dances all around me until I acknowledge her. Sweet critter, that one. P, the mongrel, on the other hand, is a total nutcase. If I could, I'd send her back to the 70s. She is perfectly suited for that era. Wild, rebellious and a little high on life. If she could, P would definitely wear flowers in her hair...err, fur and prance around with a Peace sign pendant around her neck. That dog is something else. Both are easily my favourite living beings on earth and I'd gladly be stranded on an island with just them for company. Life would be good. If only I was that fortunate. Sigh...
_____________________________________

O, my friend from Law school, is writing a novel. He used to write comic strips with Me, S and N as characters and I don't think I've seen such hilariously original work ever. In his comic, S would forever be in love with N, N would forever be tripping and falling into 'Keechad' and I would be 'Jalking' around. 'Jalking' is how he described my walk in college. A mix of jumping and walking, thus amounting to 'Jalking'. I think he just wanted to describe the 'spring in my step'. That dude be totally awesome at times. Now he has moved on to more mature things and thus the novel. I suppose he'll become the next 'Chetan Bhagat' or something. They kinda look similar. Anyway, I told O that I wanted to write a novel too. He told me to go ahead. He always does that. He almost never doubts my abilities. So I'm going to be a sport and start on my novel very soon. You know, give O some competition. And if I do get lucky, I'll 'jalk' my way to the Bestsellers list. Tra La La La....
_______________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment