Wednesday 18 January 2012

My printer is making some Paper Jam. I'm curious to see how that turns out....

There is something very satisfying about saying, "Ab jaakar mere kaleje ko thandak padi." Sigh. It is one of my favourite things to say. Retribution is a sweet thing and its sweeter when expressed in Hindi. Bohot badhiya. In case you're wondering if I'm a vengeful person, let me make it easier for you. I am not. I do nothing to take revenge once I'm wronged. I just sit back and wait for Karma, the bitch, to do her job. And I'm pleased to say that she has never let me down. So essentially, I'm not vengeful. I forgive but I don't forget.
______________________________________

Obey your elders. I was taught this in school and also at home. Later, when I grew old enough to think for myself, I realised that the elders around me were quite flawed themselves and I wasn't going to obey people who had made plenty of mistakes. So I decided to be disobedient and make some mistakes myself, so that atleast I'd have myself to blame. Apparently, the grown ups frown upon at that sort of decision. So I've got a lot of frowns till date. I can't say that I'm proud of it, but when I look at obedient people and how their life has turned out, I smile at myself. It has been worth it.
______________________________________

When it rains, it pours. I think the sentence is pretty much self explanatory. I know that a lot of people out there can totally relate to it. To all those people, I'd just like to say one thing. When it starts 'raining' and there's a very good chance that you will never have an umbrella to shield yourself from it, just get drenched and tell yourself that this too shall pass. Because it will. And like my boss once told me, "Shit happens. You've got to move on."
The above paragraph shows how good I am at giving pep talks and what a brilliant agony aunt/counsellor I can be. Woh alag baat hai ki sometimes I need a counsellor myself. I like problems, you know. I am a sadist that way. I feel problems bring out a whole new side in me and I enjoy being the woman that I become at such times. I turn into this strong, tenacious, brave and headstrong person who can totally deal with any shit that comes her way. I actually miss that side of me once the problem goes away. Maybe that's why, when I'm stuck in a difficult situation, I feel alive. I'm like, "Yeah man! Bring it on!" My ma says I invite trouble because I hate having a normal life. I used to deny it, but now I couldn't agree more.
__________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment