Monday 19 December 2011

Because everyone gets privacy in their private hells.

I may be just a little mad. Not the right amount though, slightly more than that. But not enough to warrant me a free bed in a Mental Asylum. When will I ever learn to do things perfectly? Hell, even my madness is mediocre. Damn you.
_______________________________________________

The case of the lost keys has been entirely dismissed. For those who don't know me personally and hence haven't been updated about the incident, here's what happened. HM and I went to watch a movie last Sunday. When we finally came out of the theatre, the keys to HM's bike were missing. We must be really maturing as a couple, because instead of arguing over who lost the keys, we set about looking for them. It is to be noted, that we silently agreed to not talk at all to avoid an altercation. Nice move. Anyway, the keys were never found and we managed to avoid any kind of discussion about it. But it did become the proverbial Elephant in the room as silence hung heavily in our home that Sunday afternoon. But Monday came soon enough and we HAVE to talk on a Monday, come what may. So 'peace' was restored and hence, case dismissed. We are making a lot of progress, I tell you. And yes, Peace and Silence mean two very different things. Just like Ignorant and Illiterate don't mean the same thing.
_________________________________________________

'How the mighty have fallen'. I totally love that sentence. I am going to find a way to use it in my day to day conversations. I just have to. I am going to introduce 'Shuddh Angrezi' in this world of meaningless slang and stupid words that sound bad but don't mean anything. I will even try to throw in some Archaic English for good measure. I will say, "Where hast thou?" or "Come hither, Oh good fere of mine. I beseech thee." This is going to be fun. I am waiting eagerly for a party wherein I can unleash my English on the poor unsuspecting guests. And I will also follow HM everywhere and say, "Whither thou goest, I shall go". Awesome.
__________________________________________________

I finished reading 'Insects are just like you and me except some of them have wings' by Kuzhali Manickavel. The book is simply brilliant. I was laughing hard at one moment and sobbing at the next. Just like a demented person, which is what her stories are mostly about. Me thinks, I'll read the book again and again. I  had that kind of addiction with 'God of small things' and I must have easily read it atleast 20 times. Anyhoo, I'm now reading Chanakya's Chant and will move on to  Palace of Illusions next week. I have a lot of reading to catch up on.


No comments:

Post a Comment