Thursday 1 December 2011

Shabd...

Jo bhi main kehna chaahoon barbaad karein alfaaz mere....Nice song. Very apt for me at the moment. Sometimes I feel like language is a stupid discovery. We were better off without it. My two dogs don't need language. I can understand them very well. Language complicates life so much, you know. One can never find the right words to express what one really feels. You end up saying something entirely wrong and then you go ahead and say some more stupid things to undo the damage your words caused. All this is entirely uncalled for. Me thinks, we should do away with language. Right now. 
Just imagine. It would make things so much less complicated. If you wanted to express anger, all you had to do was frown, or at the most, slap the other person. If it was happiness, you could just smile or laugh. And if it was love, you could hug the other person or hold their hand. Awww...it sounds so sweet already. Plus there would be so much peace around. I'd miss all the bad words, especially during traffic, but I could get used to it...
_______________________________

'Barbaad'...Superb word. I like it a lot. There's a sort of finality to it. Its like 'Khatam' but better. It has a very romantic feel to it, like a moth flying into a flame to destroy itself. Atleast that's how I think of it. Unlike people who use it in stupid ways, like "main tumhe barbaad kar doonga." What a way to misuse such a nice word. The opposite of Barbaad is Aabaad, which means prosperous. Not exactly, but that is the gist of the word. Do not confuse it with Aabaadi. That means population. Its not a noun form of Aabaad. The abovementioned song uses the word 'Barbaad' in the most excellent way. Its making me look at the word in a whole new perspective, and that's saying something...
________________________________

I have been going around my office saying deeply intellectual stuff like 'Sab maya hai' and 'iss jeevan ka matlab kya hai' or 'Sab kuch bematlab hai'. People have started bowing their heads in reverance when I go around. Blame it on my dwindling workload and increasing boredom. Wait, its not boredom. Its something else. I don't know how to express that feeling yet. The word for it has not been discovered as of now. Now, there's something I can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment