Friday 2 December 2011

Of music, food and love...

In this age of crazy rocking songs like 'kolaveri di', the drama queens at  work are listening to 'saiyyan nainon ki bhasha samjhe na....' Super annoying ya. It doesn't even belong to an album. Its the title track of some prime time soap. Now if you're blessed enough to work in an office with a brilliant sound system with overhead speakers AND you are allowed to play music all day, why the hell would you play something from a daily soap? And pray, tell me, why would you do it atleast ten times a day? They did play 'Kolaveri' once and I had a great time calling all the girls 'Cow u cow u holy cow u'. But the fun ended there. We were back to complaining how our 'saiyyan' doesn't understand our 'nainon ki bhasha'. Arrey bhaad mein jaaye woh saiyyan! Who cares if he doesn't get the secret language of your eyes? I'm sure you don't get a lot of his silent communication either. Lets listen to Kolaveri again.
___________________________________________

I cheated on my diet today and ate a wrap from McD's. Aaah... Merry Christmas! It was so good to eat some junk after so long. Also threw in a McFlurry Oreo after reading on the website that it was 96.5% fat free. It obviously wasn't entirely fat free but it had lots of ice-cream with bits of Oreo cookies so I can say it was rich in calcium or something. I do not feel guilty for pigging out today. It was well deserved after avoiding Wada Pav and Medu wada and other fried delicacies that I was tempted to eat but didn't. I'm now looking forward to Sunday when I'm planning to eat lots of Pindi Chhole. At this rate, it'll take me quite some time to lose weight...
________________________________________

I just saw this video of a flash mob at CST taped on 27.11.11. Awesome video. Totally makes me wanna go back. What the hell am I doing in this wretched excuse of a city called Pune? Puneites, kindly don't take offence if any of you are reading this. It's just me. I have the same feelings for every other city in the world. I wouldn't care if you lured me with names like Paris and London or even New York that claims to be so similar to Mumbai. Nothing is better than Mumbai, not even the Garden of Eden. And if heaven and hell are both on earth, as most of my elders tell me, then Mumbai definitely is my heaven. I have my own private hell too, but lets not get into that now. I yearn to return to Mumbai like never before and I miss it more than I have missed anything or anyone. I could ramble on for hours and probably write a whole book on how and what I feel for Mumbai, but it would all be such a waste. Something tells me, the city already knows all that. Just like an indulgent loving mother who despite all the distance knows what her child is going through...

No comments:

Post a Comment