Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tsk Tsk...

That Kailash Kher guy can sing. He literally takes me to a different world with that beautiful voice of his. I've been listening to his songs on a loop since as long as I can remember. I call his songs 'my personal trance music'. Divine. I also like what that Sandeep Chowta fellow does with music. He's quite brilliant and I wish he'd work more. For a very long time, 'Mitti' was the only album I could listen to without skipping tracks. That duo, Salim-Suleiman are in a league of their own too. Much like Vishal-Shekhar, who seem to have lost their touch lately. But they're usually quite creative. Creativity. It reminds me of this one time when I was quite young and was listening to a T series cassette which had a nice song, 'Suno, meri jaan ho tum...' Not a very popular song, but it was quite melodious and I was hooked on to it. I'm sure the film was called 'Aaja meri jaan' (bad title, I know) and starred Gulshan Kumar's brother or son or someone from his family. I couldn't care less. Good music though. So, there I am listening to it intently and in walks my uncle who immediately frowns and says, "Are you mad?" Now he's a psychiatrist and a good one at that, so I never question him when he says things like this. So I just say, "Maybe, but why?" He goes to his room and brings out a cassette by someone called Lionel Richie and pops it in the Tape recorder and 'Hello' fills the room. I am shocked. The exact same melody! "So did this Lionel person copy from Nadeem Shravan?" I ask innocently and I'm told that they are the ones who copied from the Lionel guy. Major embarrassment, I tell ya. Nadeem Shravan ought to have been ashamed and also sorry for having lost a fan in me. But I do laugh about it everytime I listen to'Hello'. Funny memories I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment